IACIT Radar Oceanic is a system that employs digital signal processing techniques advanced to obtain inherent information from the ocean.
Compound by transmission units, reception and processing radio frequency signals in the HF band (high frequency), the IACIT Radar Oceanic enables the measurement of surface currents, assisting in the following applications:
• Sensing and speed mapping and direction of surface currents;
• Continuous Observation in real time of large ocean areas;
• Monitoring and forecasting of leakage paths, pollution and harmful algal blooms;
• Effective Data for shipping, assisting rescue operations, search and rescue;
• Speed and direction information of winds near the ocean surface;
• Studies and research for ocean activities, providing data with standardized formatting;
• Assistance in protection and coastal surveillance.